Friday, June 1, 2012

Lately

Ok I said I was going to do an update, but haven't seemed to get around to it. It's been about 2months since my last update and as usual things are ever changing around here. I think I'll go by family member this time :).
Let's start with the youngest:
Mariam is 5 months old now, almost 6months. She's rolling all over the place and starting to stand when I hold her hands. She's started solids and is a very happy content little girl. People always ask me if she's always this content, and yes she is :). We go back to the ortho doctor at 6months for an xray to be sure her hips are still looking good.
Caitlin is her usual sassy self. She's talking up a storm and follows her brothers around all day. She loves playing with Mari more and more everyday. She loves to hug and kiss her. She's starting to learn colors and can count to 12!
Nathan played soccer for the 1st time and was less than thrilled. He finally got out there though, and decided he liked it better than basketball, but only slightly :). He still wants to be a cowboy and is pretty sure we should move to Texas.
Charlie graduated from Kindergarten with much fanfare. The homeschool group does a pretty nice graduation and Charlie loved it. He's also begun reading chapter books. He'll sit around for a couple hours a day reading. I love seeing him really dive into reading like this. He's playing t-ball and is really enjoying it.
Jamie (me :)- I've started doing ACT studying with one of the neighborhood girls. I'm hoping this will give me the ministry niche I've been looking for.
Jason is now a board certified surgeon with tests behind him for a while. Work is as busy as ever with him rarely making it home for dinner. There are still logistics to be worked out, but overall the work is going well. He had a break from basketball coaching, but that will start again soon.

During the past 2 months, my sister, her kids, and my mom visited, the boys took swimming lessons, and we went on a trip to South Carolina with the basketball guys. I'll post more about that next time :).
Summer is in full force here, with temps in the 90's already. We've got a busy summer ahead with camps for the kids, vacation, and hopefully some swimming in store. Sorry this sounds like a Christmas letter :).

Charlie swimming all by himself!




Our graduate :)

so proud



Cowboy boots go with everything right?




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like life is full - but good! Nice work on the trip to SC. I bet the boys loved it!

    ReplyDelete