It will be a year July 1st. One year ago we moved from lovely Grand Rapids MI to sweltering Memphs TN. It was 100 degrees and above for the 1st 2 months we were here. When we moved in our landlord said, "welcome to hell". Seriously, he did. Oh and did I mention I was pregnant? So, not the most promising of beginnings :).
1 year later here we are. Temps have topped out in the low 90's so far, we have 4 kids instead of 3, we've found a pool to go to, and figured out all the things there are to do with small children. We have friends, we have a church home, work is booming for Jason, homeschooling was a success, the boys played basketball, soccer,and t-ball, oh and then there's ministry stuff. Basketball, girl's club, act study, missions prep. The list goes on and on.
Looking back on this year I see a theme- busy. Good things yes, but an awful lot of them. All of these things, if nothing else, mean work. It takes a lot to take care of 4 kids, work 12 or more hours a day, run to activities, try to connect with our church, minister to the teens, spend time with each other. Right now I think the word that would describe us is tired.
Today I was talking to a friend about trying to get more connected with the women in our church. As we talked I felt frustrated and yes, tired. I thought, this sounds like a lot of work and I'm not sure I'm up for it. So, that's where I am right now. No inspirational ending, no I know God's in it all, no it's all good and I love it. Those things are true, but right now I just don't feel it. I'm weary. But don't worry, it's ok, things will change, after all it's only been a year.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment