Ok, it's been awhile since I've posted I know. I thought I would fill everyone in on our Christmas festivities since I've got some extra time. Jason had 5 days off starting on Christmas Eve and as usual I was determined to fill them with fun :). We started things Wed. night with delivering gifts and food to a needy family. They were so grateful, the 9 year old said, "Is this all for us?"
This year we opened gifts Christmas Eve morning. It was a lot of fun with the kids thoroughly enjoying everything. After lunch we headed to my sister's for her annual Christmas Eve gathering. There was more food than could possibly be eaten followed by the "talent" portion of the evening. C graced us with 2 songs he made up about Christmas. They were both about the wisemen and their journey to see little boy Jesus. We were very proud :). We then drove home very slowly in an ice storm, all went well though.
Christmas morning we woke up to cinnamon roles and sausage balls. After breakfast we read the Christmas story and told each other what we were giving Jesus for Christmas. C sang a song, prayed, and gave some money out of his piggy bank. Next we sang some Christmas carols until N absolutely refused to sit any longer :). The rest of the day was filled with playing with watching Christmas movies and playing with the new toys, and preparing Christmas dinner. That night we had one of Jason's coworkers from India over and enjoyed our 2nd feast that week.
It was a wonderful Christmas filled with presents yes, but also time to enjoy each other and really focus on Christ as the newborn king. This was also the 1st Chrismas that C has been aware of Santa Claus. He always thought he was a farmer before :). He continues to question why we choose to do things differently and we continue to struggle with how to answer him without judging others choices. It is quite a learning process.
The rest of Jason's time off we sledded with friends, had brunch with missionaries, and visited a local air museum. The one benefit of Jason working so much is we really cherish these times we have together and try to make the most of them.
Jason is back at work now and we have finally put away all the Christmas decorations. Today is New Years Eve and Jason is on call. The boys and I will have a quiet night at home with all of us going to bed on time. I have been invited to a few parties, but it is just difficult to do it alone with the boys. We will see him tomorrow, though and make the most of that time. Such is the life of a resident's wife. This season I have just been so grateful for my family and how much we truly enjoy one another, not everyone has that.
I'll add pictures soon :)
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment