Thursday, October 22, 2009

Busy, busy

A lot has happened since my last post. One thing I've been meaning to right about but just haven't had time happened last week. One morning at around 7:30 am, I heard a very faint knock on my door. It was pitch black so I was a bit nervous about who it could be. I opened the door and their was a girl, she looked to be around 11 or 12. She said "could I have something to eat, my mom only gives me breakfast on weekends and I'm hungry." I said ok and scrambled in my kitchen to think of something to give her. I handed her a bagel, asked her where she lived and sent her on her way. I was blown away! First that God would see me worthy to bring needs to my front door, then humbled and ashamed of how unprepared I had been. I didn't ask her what her name was or tell her she's welcome back. I was too busy wondering if she was trying to pull something on me and thinking doesn't the school provide breakfast? I was just really struck that I may have just let an amazing way to reach out to my neighborhood slip through my fingers. Now what to do with this? I'm still grappling with this. The girl hasn't been back and I'm not sure what my next step in reaching out to my neighbors is, but I feel convicted there is a next step. I'm so busy with other things I haven't sat down and really prayed about this. I need to.


















Ok, next big thing was C's (trying to do the initial thing again :) birthday party. We went to Chucke Cheese and he had a ball with his friends. He said he wants to go there for every birthday until he's 30 :)! Then Tuesday we had our ultrasound and it's a girl!! Finally Wed. we got a dog. A mixed Collie named Hashbrown. She's 2 years old from the Humane Society. So far she has been great! Well, that's all the update for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment