Sunday, July 31, 2011

Odds and Ends

Well, it's been a few weeks. No big drama, just life moving along. There's only 2 weeks left until school starts and Jason starts work. This month has not gone as planned. There have been many bumps in the road and I think part of us all are ready for work, school, schedules. There have been some fun times though and some good opportunities for meeting other people ministering here in Memphis.
             We've been blueberry picking, peach picking, and out to the lake twice. The kids and I have been to the zoo twice, library story time and chick-fil-a with another family who just moved here to work with cchs. She has 3 kids close in age to mine. It's been really great for the kids to have some kids to play with. They live in the neighborhood closest to us so we may end up in a house church together.
            We've visited 4 of the 6 house churches. We've been to 3 different prayer meetings between the 2 of us. We've had a visiting surgery resident, his wife, and a resident that lives here over to dinner. It's been really great getting to know everyone and hear from so many people with a heart for ministry.
       2 more weeks to go. 2 more weeks to be together every day. 2 more weeks to be free to go to  prayer meetings, play groups, story times, and a million other things without the restraints of call, work, and school. I want to get involved in ministry here, I want to make friends for our family, I want to get the kids in sports, I want to look for a house to buy in the neighborhood, I want our house to rent in MI, I want to feel settled, connected, and fruitlful. In the midst of this I'm trying to wait, be patient, hear what God wants, and live in the present. So here are some pictures from the present :).
Blueberry picking





Peaches!

New Potty!


Tired boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment