My heart is heavy these days, but it has nothing to do with Memphis or me. I have a friend in MI who has had some serious complications after delivering her 4th baby boy. She was close to death and is still not out of the woods. I can't stop thinking about her and praying for her. I'm reminded of my Uncle's illness and how helpless I felt not being able to be there. I feel the same in this. I wish I could visit her in the hospital. Help take care of her kids. I wish Jason could be there to comfort her husband (they did residency together) and be an ear for all the medical stuff going on. But we're not there, we're here and I can't do those things. I can do something though. I can pray. I find myself doing that constantly. Everytime I see my precious 3month old, I pray for my friend's heart as she's away from her brand new baby. So many things through the day make me think of them and I pray, for her health, for the stress, for her boys, for her husband.
I'm tempted to say I wish I could do more, but than I'm reminded there is nothing greater I can do. I know we often say that, but do we mean it? Do I mean it? Yeah I think this time I do. Not that I wouldn't love to do both, but I'm so grateful I can do something meaningful, powerful, bigger than all of us. Thank you God for allowing me to come before your throne and for hearing my plea and answering.
So please join me in praying for Erin, Eric, Cole, Cooper, Alex, and Tucker as they go through this terrible time and rejoice with me that God hears you and will answer according to His perfect will.
 |
| This is a picture from a couple of years ago at one of our Lake get togethers, Erin and Eric are the ones in the middle. |
No comments:
Post a Comment