Thursday, September 22, 2011

busy, busy, busy

Well, it seems like it's been a long time since I've posted, but it's only been a couple of weeks. Phew, it's been busy. I've started working with a refugee family, Jason is helping coach basketball, tonight I went to the 1st girl's club meeting, and homeschool groups are starting to get busy with field trips. We seem to only have 1 or 2 nights that one of us isn't going to do something and that's just the weekdays. The weekends are usually full long before they get here. It's all good though. It's nice to be busy with ministry stuff after so many years of not being able to commit to anything. We still fit in some fun though :).
   Here's a rundown of what we've been up to.
2 weeks ago Charlie and I went out with another friend and her daughter. We went to downtown and road in one of the carriages. Charlie was SO excited to have a night out by himself with mom.Then Saturday we went to the Orange Mound Parade. It was fun seeing all the bands and Christ Community even had a float. That afternoon was the 1st basketball game for the neighborhood kids Jason is helping coach, then we took them out for pizza after. Sunday was my 1st time at our new OM house church. There were a lot of teenagers there, which was great. Home for naps, then we headed to the fair. I can't miss the fair!
  Last weekend we started the morning with apple picking. The kids loved it, by far the best picking experience we've had yet. Maybe because it wasn't 100 degrees. Jason had another basketball game then that night we took the kids to a University of Memphis football game. It was a lot of fun. The team's not that good so there was plenty of room in the stands for the kids to roam and we kept them busy with concessions :). Sunday was a bit quieter. It was celebration Sunday so no house church. We went out to eat after church then just had a relaxing night at home.
    This weekend looks like another busy one. Jason is running a 5K to support Christ Communities healthy pregnancy programs in the morning, 2 basketball games in the afternoon followed by pizza with the guys. House church Sunday then maybe quiet night at home.

Overall, things are going well. I'm SO relieved to have "cooler" weather. I mean upper 70's, low 80's :). I'm starting to make some friends through my homeschool groups and am excited to see where Jason's basketball and my girl's club stuff leads. We're still trying to figure out what all God's got for us here, but so far things have certainly not been boring :).

Charlie on our big night out.

One of the many bands at the parade. I think this was Jackson state.

This was TSU's band. It was huge!

The kiddos and the candy they collected.

At the fair.

Lion and Tiger show

Apple picking

Caitlin loved filling her little basket.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! Caitlin is looking so old! miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete